- NY’s attorney general, Letitia James, sued the Trump Organization back on September 21.
- Reps for Donald Trump and Eric Trump finally got served, the AG said Thursday.
- Service took three weeks — and a judge’s order — with the AG accusing Trump of ‘gamesmanship.’
Donald Trump has lost the first legitimate engagement in quite a while fight against New York’s head legal officer, Letitia James, and her $250 million misrepresentation body of evidence against him: Following three weeks and a court request, he’s been formally presented with the 220-page claim.
Trump was at long last served through his lawyer, Alina Habba, “by sending in electronic mail a message containing a safe cloud connect to pdf connections of the relative multitude of records,” James said in a court documenting Thursday.
The claim blames the Trump Association for a decadelong example of falsely overstating the organization’s worth; it looks for a quarter-billion bucks in punishments and to ban the Trumps from carrying on with work in New York.
Delegates for Trump and his child Eric, a chief VP at his dad’s organization, had sidestepped administration of the claim since it was documented three weeks prior, on September 21.
Habba and a lawyer for Eric Trump, Clifford Robert, never replied to emails sent by the attorney general that same day requesting confirmation that they were the appropriate persons to accept service, her office complained in a court filing last week.